PDA

View Full Version : Holographic Duel Discs are possible!

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 09:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3seTlvQtIgc

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaNoqK5FWG4

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHXXSxANGo

If there is anybody who still has doubts about carrying a duel disc that will summon holographic monsters, I can understand it, but there is NO doubt that we will have big holographic arenas like in the Duelist Kingdoom era.

Duel Terminals are already a big part of the game already, and with the technology evolving fast, we are surely gonna have dueling arenas before, let's say, 2015.

Redshift
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't see how touchable holograms change anything. Duelists on the show rarely interacted physically with their holograms, and usually it was for aesthetic effect.

MasterSephiroth
10-30-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't see how touchable holograms change anything. Duelists on the show rarely interacted physically with their holograms, and usually it was for aesthetic effect.

Well...ya know...Grandpa...and Black Luster Soldier...

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Well you know that screaming thing when a Blue Eyes White Dragon hits you with Burst Stream of Destruction ? That is changing a lot. :D

mike j
10-30-2011, 09:33 AM
its yugioh would they really make duel discs just for a card game?

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Did you see the ******* Hatsune Miku concert?

****, if she can, Black Luster Soldier, Dark Magician Girl and Elemental Hero Neos can too!

KyorakuShunsui
10-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Holy hell. If yugioh keeps up with its popularity then I think we'll definitely be seeing a whole new generation of playing

Additional Comment:

Btw, I suggest start investing in dt cards NOW

Alchadylan
10-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Wind generated from attacks as well as the monsters interacting with each other.

LordNephets
10-30-2011, 10:03 AM
The technology is already available for small scale hologram projections on table tops, or even large dueling arenas. However the company would need a lot of money to do this.
I would be super-psyched if one day Yugioh was as big as it was in the show.

HyperHammerheader
10-30-2011, 10:14 AM
OMG... In the future YGO will be played like in the anime...
I hope I still play when that day comes

DescendingChaos
10-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Seems like it would be a risky investment on konami's part.

Maybe some day though.

Mr. Duston
10-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Congrats. You can now fondle your holographic Dark Magician Girl and Gagaga Girl.

All jokes aside, this is really cool, but holographic duels would be more concerned with creating super-detailed, moving holograms than creating touchable ones.

Card Guardian
10-30-2011, 10:33 AM
I'd love to engage in holographic duels!

However, seeing how this game is already pretty pricey I have doubts that enough people would buy holographic duel disks for it to catch on (unless the disk came with some broken promo).

YGOZero
10-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Imagine this...
A world, filled with duelists. Everyone has their own deck. In order to be considered top dog, you have to be the mightiest duelist around.

Duel Runner's too, anyone?

FIGHTxFORxJUSTICE
10-30-2011, 10:38 AM
It would be awesome , until you saw random T1 deck's holograms for the 1000th time...

Daitenshi
10-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Nobody ever said that it was not possible.
It is just that is not quite affordable, you know?

Pumpknight
10-30-2011, 10:44 AM
This would all just boil down to Dark Magician Girl fun time.

NinjaGoemon
10-30-2011, 10:47 AM
It would be awesome , until you saw random T1 deck's holograms for the 1000th time...

Easily fixed by fixing matches. It's not like casual watchers would know what's actually good.

GeneralTso
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
There are still so many things you need to account for. How will the disk determine what card needs to be projected? What about setting a card? And attacking?

Still a ways away.

NaturalForce
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't think the idea of average people walking in to park at night and seeing a summon skull around the corner is a good idea. Also the disk would cost well over 10k

Mr Hyena
10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
So we should go for holographic technology before we can even get anywhere near equality for all regions for the card game first?

People should get their priorities straight.

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Nobody ever said that it was not possible.
It is just that is not quite affordable, you know?

They said the same ******* thing about cars, then about radios, then about TV's and telephones, then about computers.

And probably about ADSL too.

'Why do you need ADSL, just use your dial up'.

The technology is getting cheaper and cheaper.

And big arenas would be used by hundreds of people.

The holo-arenas would not be used for YGO only.

They would be used for many fighting games like Street fighter or Mortal Combat.

Yugioh would be just a part of those things.

Well, I still have hopes about the game evolving like in the anime. Would be kinda stupid because of meta decks, but I would love to summon Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max and go for 5000 damage.

Not to mention touching DMG. :|

NaturalForce
10-30-2011, 10:54 AM
There are still so many things you need to account for. How will the disk determine what card needs to be projected? What about setting a card? And attacking?

Still a ways away.

As far as attacking goes, it probably be you declare the attack and against the specific monster. The holograms do nothing but the opponent sends his monster to the graveyard if it would be destroyed.

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 10:54 AM
So we should go for holographic technology before we can even get anywhere near equality for all regions for the card game first?

This is Yugioh. Deal with it.

Daitenshi
10-30-2011, 11:07 AM
They said the same ******* thing about cars, then about radios, then about TV's and telephones, then about computers.

They would be used for many fighting games like Street fighter or Mortal Combat.

Well, I still have hopes about the game evolving like in the anime. Would be kinda stupid because of meta decks, but I would love to summon Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max and go for 5000 damage.

You are not getting into the point there.
It is probably going to cost more than what the average player can afford.
A card may be affordable, but do most people pay the car in 1 shot?

Skeletor
10-30-2011, 11:08 AM
We''d get Duel Arenas like Pegasus had first. Before Duel Disks.

Yanish
10-30-2011, 11:13 AM

But cars are useful. Still, When duel disks are made, even if they are 10,000,000 $ a piece, I'd still buy one and make my entire country fear the powe of RED EYES B DRAGON (only use I see for him :()

Additional Comment:

and then the throwing duel disk thingies. OH GAWD THE HORROR

Skeletor
10-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Fact is we'd have other uses for the Holographic Table Tops. In fact I know for a fact the Military uses that stuff. Its not like its a bad thing, but its uses go far and beyond just Yugioh. Sure it'd be nice, but surely the cost will go down same as everything else. Course for Duel Arenas Konami would have to build stadiums and stuff for YCS and such.

YGOZero
10-30-2011, 11:22 AM
I just don't think it would be practical at all by 2015. First of all, it would be an overly expensive luxury, and nobody really needs it. Chess has been the same way for hundreds of years, I'm perfectly happy playing the card game on a table-top with my mat, holograms would only push the price of everything up to ridiculous prices.

The_Dark_Monarch
10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Omg...a touchable 2 metre tall Dark Necrofear...*drools*

Bau5
10-30-2011, 11:52 AM
I would be pumped to see this involved soon

PsychicKid
10-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Omg...a touchable 2 metre tall Dark Necrofear...*drools*

What is this I don't even

DJ Destiny
10-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Too bad we don't have someone as rich as Kaiba to give out free Duel Disks for a city wide tournament.

Doctor Whooves
10-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Depends on how expensive they are, but I'm sure Konami has enough customers for duel disks to be mainstream.

Yuki
10-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I'd give it up to 10 years before it's fully viable.(This point would most likely be where Duel Arenas from the anime could show up, the tech needed still being huge but can do the job) Then another 10 or so years for the technology to improve and become smaller while going down in price.

ssj_duelist
10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Dark Magician Girl banned.

MasterSephiroth
10-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Dark Magician Girl banned.

That would just be Rated 18. Tour Guide on the other hand...

Aarikku
10-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Still a ways away.

Touchable holograms, remember? Just have menus kinda hover above the card on the disk.

My big problem with this is that holograms require projectors. Projectors facing three different directions. You can't get that by just sticking a projector onto the front of a disk.

Bigblue2529
10-30-2011, 12:24 PM
i would love to see this come to pass. if it doesnt though; nothing lost. i just wanna see obelisk looking extremely bad ass. and halloween would be so much better

Yanish
10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Touchable holograms, remember? Just have menus kinda hover above the card on the disk.

My big problem with this is that holograms require projectors. Projectors facing three different directions. You can't get that by just sticking a projector onto the front of a disk.

actually in the original series they had those little projectors shooting out of the duel disk before the duel.

Aarikku
10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
actually in the original series they had those little projectors shooting out of the duel disk before the duel.

I remember that happening ONCE. Though I guess that'd work, you'd have to gather the projectors when you're done - not to mention the problems of building a machine that launches delicate machinery.

YGOZero
10-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Does anyone remember those idiotic spinning duel projectors?

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Well, I would personally like them more.

Imagine 200 crazy idiots like you and your opponent,watching you two playing a children card game on a field that creates holograms! :D

I would love this so much!

I still can't get the idea out of my head : Summon this uber-looking monster (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Dreadnought_Cannon_Express_Gustaph_Max) and shoot your opponent for 5000 damage!

BTW, when Dreadnought Cannon comes out, I WILL main 2 Metal Reflect Slime and this, even if I play a Chaos Dragon Deck ( which I intend because Dragonic Legion is coming out).

Yuki
10-30-2011, 01:13 PM

This problem actually solves it self.
Also the reason why it'll be at least another decade.

The evolution of the system will follow Moore's Law and at one point all the components will be small enough for it to be something you can carry, like a Duel Disc. It's that same basis that will make things like Duel Arena's happen before Duel Discs.

Dio Brando
10-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Holographic Tour Guide mmmmmmh

Podoboo
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
So...

Are we just going to completely ignore the concept of the ZeXaL duel disks where the world around us is scanned and then we see the duel monsters projected onto it through a D-Gazer, instead of having to project monsters and such and end up killing some old person from a heart attack and be attacked by Young Earth Creationists as the slave of demons?

'Cause I kinda thought those would be a viable idea, too...

Also, forget all you with your obsessions with DMG.

Fortune Lady harem... *drools*

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Also, forget all you with your obsessions with DMG.

Fortune Lady harem... *drools*

Fool. Nobody forgot the Fortune Lady harem. We just like to do stuff one on one.....

Yuki
10-30-2011, 01:47 PM
So...

Are we just going to completely ignore the concept of the ZeXaL duel disks where the world around us is scanned and then we see the duel monsters projected onto it through a D-Gazer, instead of having to project monsters and such and end up killing some old person from a heart attack and be attacked by Young Earth Creationists as the slave of demons?

Well, doing that much is an even further step. Give that maybe 10+ years more than what it'd take for Duel Discs to be a reality.

Podoboo
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Is it really? I mean, what with us already having interactive webcams and stuff... I mean, look at the technology we have on the Kinect and the 3DS where we can make our environment interactive through a scope.

Obviously, the full interaction of it - getting blown back by the power of an attack - is going to be further along, if that's ever implemented, because I can see some lawsuits resulting from that...

Could be wrong, though. I don't know the full extent of the technology behind what we'd need for a D-Gazer versus a classic Duel Disk.

mido9
10-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Rule 34 much bro?

I'd like to see a hologram of quasar,summon animations like in tag force and stuff like that,would be the coolest thing ever.(insert 10 year old daydreams)

But i'd give it 5 or so more years then see if it goes mainstream. By then quasar will be summoned 5 times a turn with ease.

KenHirai★VIPSTAR★
10-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Won't work.
You do know that the Hatsune Miku "hologram" wasn't a true hologram, it was just projected on a tall, flat, thin piece of glass - right?
And your 'touchable holograms' are nothing more than a Kinnect that projects.

Samusen
10-30-2011, 01:58 PM
The quesion isn't if they can. Why in the world would they spend so much money on just making 1 arena to play yugioh in.

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Won't work.
You do know that the Hatsune Miku "hologram" wasn't a true hologram, it was just projected on a tall, flat, thin piece of glass - right?
No. ._________________.

You ****ed up all my dreams.
The quesion isn't if they can. Why in the world would they spend so much money on just making 1 arena to play yugioh in.

Yeah, I mean, like nobody in the world is wearing a meat-dress, bathing in gold, or doing any other crazy stuff.

The real question, though, is why somebody would play a children card game in the first place. Silly people. :rolleyes:

Samusen
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
No. ._________________.

You ****ed up all my dreams.

Yeah, I mean, like nobody in the world is wearing a meat-dress, bathing in gold, or doing any other crazy stuff.

The real question, though, is why somebody would play a children card game in the first place. Silly people. :rolleyes:

And how many of those people play yugioh?

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 02:10 PM
And how many of those people play yugioh?

Let me turn your question, how many yugioh players are doing that kind of stuff?

DrendDragonspawn
10-30-2011, 02:19 PM
The technology is still pretty infantile. It needs a lot of work.

Pyroboy7197
10-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Watching a televised World Championship with Hologram monsters... oh my god.

Yuki
10-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Exactly. Which is why we are still years away. Or it will require huge areas for a single area to project so many things. Which is why this is subject to Moore's Law like every other Computer object. But for every year the required technology should in theory get smaller.

Samusen
10-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Let me turn your question, how many yugioh players are doing that kind of stuff?

Far too many.

Marshal of Chaos
10-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Far too many.

That is EXACTLY my point. Are you getting my point?

Supermax64
10-30-2011, 02:59 PM

Almost every episode, someone gets blasted away by an attack.

Also, from what I saw of zexal, it seems like they use augmented reality instead of holograms, which actually could work right now.

Pyroboy7197
10-30-2011, 03:05 PM

Also, from what I saw of zexal, it seems like they use augmented reality instead of holograms, which actually could work right now.

^I'd actually prefer this.

Yanish
10-30-2011, 03:07 PM

I thought they did that downgrade to promote real duel disks being made soon...

N.Nick
10-30-2011, 03:48 PM
They can already make a card Scanner, which would see what cards we use.
Instead of using holograms (for now) we could simply use huge displays where the action is projected.
And we need a decent AI, Animation & Graphic for every card.

Its not impossible, just no one wants to put effort like that in a card game. 100 000 000 for realistic card game? I don't see that happening ANy time soon, holographics would cost x100 times more.

Yanish
10-30-2011, 03:52 PM
^go for it man

Shiroku Ryuuki
10-30-2011, 03:55 PM
^I'd actually prefer this.

Same. Augmented Reality is much more feasible, and can be easily scaled. For example, you're sitting at a table - the graphics can be overlaid on top of a special duel mat or something.
I think the main things to think about are affordability and getting the control method right (e.g. speech recognition).

Andwinbur1992
10-30-2011, 06:33 PM
They can already make a card Scanner, which would see what cards we use.
Instead of using holograms (for now) we could simply use huge displays where the action is projected.
And we need a decent AI, Animation & Graphic for every card.

Its not impossible, just no one wants to put effort like that in a card game. 100 000 000 for realistic card game? I don't see that happening ANy time soon, holographics would cost x100 times more.

If I had the knowledge, parts, and/or money I'd do it.

Goesasu
10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
I would pay 20 USD to play on a dueling field like DM first season or with a totally functional duel disk. D-Wheel is not an option cause i dont have a license and you know, i could totally die for playing cards while driving.

Doctor Whooves
10-30-2011, 06:39 PM
The most realistic thing would be either the "augmented reality" or something like the AR cards the 3DS uses, but instead you'd use Duel Terminal cards. How does that sound? Then the holograms would be in a program, but it'd be more or less more possible, no?

Andwinbur1992
10-30-2011, 06:53 PM
The most realistic thing would be either the "augmented reality" or something like the AR cards the 3DS uses, but instead you'd use Duel Terminal cards. How does that sound? Then the holograms would be in a program, but it'd be more or less more possible, no?

The closest thing to that sounds like the 'Eye of Judgment' game at this point in time is it not?

strikeslast
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM

On motorcycles?!
Called it.

I see some appeal with being able to create holograms of whatever cards you play. But it just seems to expensive and... Pointless. :x

germinies
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
the AR in AR cards is short for augmented reality

and that miku is projected onto a thing called a transscreen it has been used in movies and concerts. The Gorrilaz have used it before. it isn't anything new.

so we could have a Duelist kingdom esque(esk) duel field but that wont help with making a duel disk work.

this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVS-npfVuY) is the closest thing we have for it. it would be cooler to see it in real life.

as for reading the cards that can be done with image recognition that isn't hard and is even easier since the cards would be in a specified space

Doctor Whooves
10-30-2011, 07:26 PM
^Ah, ok, I was wondering what AR stood for, hehe.

RiderLeangle
10-30-2011, 07:30 PM
That would just be Rated 18. Tour Guide on the other hand...

With real duel disks/stadiums, She'd go from over 100 to over 1000...
And This DMG (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/manaleader/YuGiOh/darkmagiciangirlyap1-jp-ur.jpg) will go for 100 times more than everyone is saying a duel disk would cost

germinies
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
now if it was doing the dueling fields I would use a pyramidic configuration or maybe add a some more sides so it would be like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0CQERRPSKA)

but as for a duel disk I think making it AR with a goggle thing would be cool.

if only their wasn't the whole physical limitation of not being able to focus on an object thats closer than one inch from your face

Mirai_13
10-30-2011, 10:50 PM
We could ask Kevin if Konami's ever really considered investing in this. Wonder if the AR or the Hologram disks would be more cost-effective.

Pyroboy7197
10-30-2011, 10:58 PM
now if it was doing the dueling fields I would use a pyramidic configuration or maybe add a some more sides so it would be like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0CQERRPSKA)

but as for a duel disk I think making it AR with a goggle thing would be cool.

if only their wasn't the whole physical limitation of not being able to focus on an object thats closer than one inch from your face

Doesn't augmented Reality work by using a camera to focus on a certain location in front of a camera?

Also....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6523761027552517909

and again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN2DMqpdIUU

germinies
10-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Doesn't augmented Reality work by using a camera to focus on a certain location in front of a camera?

Also....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6523761027552517909

and again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN2DMqpdIUU

the first video showed AR interacting with real world objects the second was showing an reading function with with the interaction

generally yes a certain object or location is how it is used and if it takes real world surrounding into affect

Some developers are working towards a more complex AR such as being able to play a shooter game that takes your real world surroundings into account(IE. trees, building, rocks, etc....) and lets you actually run around shoot and do everything in the game. the way they have said they would display the image through to the player is through a device on the head so the player can be mobile.

the second video is a great example of what it could look like being played on a table top but that wouldn't help the people playing unless there was a screen to look at. imagine if they used that for feature matches so everyone can watch. except for the people actually doing the playing:( .

both are considered augmented reality because they are augmenting reality.

the way I would do the duel field from duelist kingdom would use image recognition to figure out what the cards are but the display display would not be AR because it wouldn't be made to be a mobile thing that could be played anywhere.

but for a duel disk system(Trade Mark "lol") I would use a reader like the duel terminal to read the cards and a goggle display with a camera attached (it would look like night vision goggles) so the players can view the monsters. this would have to be AR because it would have to adjust the monsters and card sizes for your surroundings.

jinn waltz
10-31-2011, 07:27 AM
The only way I could see this taking off is if Konami sold one large unit for public use at something like a community center. From there they could determine if it would be profitable to branch out, or develop something for personal use.

Marshal of Chaos
10-31-2011, 07:30 AM
With real duel disks/stadiums, She'd go from over 100 to over 1000...
And This DMG (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/manaleader/YuGiOh/darkmagiciangirlyap1-jp-ur.jpg) will go for 100 times more than everyone is saying a duel disk would cost

I would pay anything for that. :D

The New Kid
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Technology for this is probably like 2 years away or so. Companies like Konami wouldn't invest in it till it requires low maintenance - something like 4 years away. That being said - they'd probably be an early adopter considering all it's uses in Konami's many aspects of gaming.

jaws_is_ra
10-31-2011, 09:40 AM
I could see something like this being used at tournaments like Nationals and Worlds but not ever day. at less not for a few more years. But it would be something for Nationals or Worlds watching the Duel and them using this to duel. A lot of people are working on making a real duel disk using either holograms or AR. Either way we are years away from any one geting it all set for public use at less.

HarpieLad
10-31-2011, 09:52 AM
I would personally love anything holographic, anything to see my harpies come alive (and then swiftly die lol). I think a mini playing field would be created first as apposed to big arenas or duel disks. Something a bit like eye of judgment but instead of coming on the tv they come to life on the mat.

However, Konami havent even invested in a ps3 yugioh game with decent graphics and nice battle scenes or a Eye of Judgment type game on any system, so until that happens I think holographic systems are the last thing on Konami's mind.

Hulkty
10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
This will not happen. Konami knows perverts would buy it just too sneak in a room and put Dark Magician Girl on the duel disk, just to pleasure themselves to the hologram. Simple as that.
/thread.

mezbaha
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Nope, I'd do the Gagaga Girl.

Geez, what a silly statement...

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 11:27 AM
I like how they metioned way better uses for the technology in the video but all you guys want is to make yugioh like the anime and hatsune miku concerts :/. See what weeaboos do to the world.

Marshal of Chaos
10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I like how they metioned way better uses for the technology in the video but all you guys want is to make yugioh like the anime and hatsune miku concerts :/. See what weeaboos do to the world.

Says the guy with Death the Kid in his signature.

DunnoBro
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Nope, I'd do the Gagaga Girl.

Geez, what a silly statement...

Ruin, Queen of Oblivion for me <3

Also, I'd really rather konami just make an official dueling network...
(No, not yugioh online. Outdated, poorly supported, and expensive piece of trash)

Additional Comment:

Liking an anime character doesn't make you a weaboo lmao.

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM

To be honest I actually hate soul eater. Death the kid is just that badass :D.

DunnoBro
10-31-2011, 01:00 PM
I like the anime, just hate the fans.

PKpwnage
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, I would personally like them more.

Imagine 200 crazy idiots like you and your opponent,watching you two playing a children card game on a field that creates holograms! :D

I would love this so much!

I still can't get the idea out of my head : Summon this uber-looking monster (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Dreadnought_Cannon_Express_Gustaph_Max) and shoot your opponent for 5000 damage!

BTW, when Dreadnought Cannon comes out, I WILL main 2 Metal Reflect Slime and this, even if I play a Chaos Dragon Deck ( which I intend because Dragonic Legion is coming out).
Good to know Slime doesn't work for alphabet summons.

**** Zexal.

We could ask Kevin if Konami's ever really considered investing in this. Wonder if the AR or the Hologram disks would be more cost-effective.
Good luck getting an answer.

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Ruin, Queen of Oblivion for me <3

Also, I'd really rather konami just make an official dueling network...
(No, not yugioh online. Outdated, poorly supported, and expensive piece of trash)

Additional Comment:

Liking an anime character doesn't make you a weaboo lmao.

Well liking anime in general doesnt make you a weeaboo. obsession is. The main point I was trying to get across is yugioh and hatsune miku concerts definently shouldnt be the priority XD.

Additional Comment:

I like the anime, just hate the fans.

Fanboys/girls of anything can get nuts. From the narutards to the justin bieber activists.

mezbaha
10-31-2011, 01:13 PM
The things is because of the people, who bother to do weird things with the improving technology, the researchers gain more support to an extent.

Conclusion: The more weeaboos = The more/faster technological advancement :D

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Meh why have sex with a hologram when we already know japanese dudes are working on sex robots(obviously inspired by chobits XD).

Redsmas
10-31-2011, 01:20 PM
The only way we would get this for Yu-Gi-Oh any time soon is if large multi purpose Holographic venues where set up.

We have the technology already its just a matter of somebody with enough money commercialising it.

Marshal of Chaos
10-31-2011, 01:23 PM

According to YGO wikia card tips it does. :|

And yes, it does.

Only tokens don't.

Alchadylan
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM

Actually it does, but more on topic, there could definitely be a lot of legal problems like public disturbance, lots of pranks gone wrong, the whole "virtual pedophilia" that Japan is on a rant that could possibly stem from cards like TGU. I just see too many issues with not enough way to regulate, now the duelist kingdom dual stadiums are much more practical. They could be privately rented out and hold commercial events.

EDIT: Ninja'd about the Slime for Xyz summons.

Marshal of Chaos
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Summon

Knowing the rules for the win.

On topic again.

I am, of course, more for the multi arenas.

Imagine Street Fighter? :O

Or even Angry Birds. XD

Redsmas
10-31-2011, 01:28 PM

On topic again.

Or even Angry Birds. XD

Kinda my point Yu-Gi-Oh would be way down at/near the bottom of the priority list.

Marshal of Chaos
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Kinda my point Yu-Gi-Oh would be way down at/near the bottom of the priority list.

Nah, it would be somewhere around the top because of the clear reference.

Chess would be fun to play too. :D

And imagine Plants V.S. Zombies for this.

One player summons Zombies, the other defends. Holy ****!

Redsmas
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM

Well ain't that the idea?
They other thing about those Holograms if you paid attention is that you can "feel" them.

Additional Comment:

Nah, it would be somewhere around the top because of the clear reference.

Chess would be fun to play too. :D

And imagine Plants V.S. Zombies for this.

One player summons Zombies, the other defends. Holy ****!

LOL giant 3d chess where the pieces fight when you take them.

Geo Stephens
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIcUjcAy2Yw&feature=relmfu

This is more important, and is directly related, or at least youtube thinks so. We can BUILD a dmg, don't need to touch her hologram.

That concert was pretty cool though, and a nice song.

Solus
10-31-2011, 01:44 PM

Whats up with you and monsters with really really and I mean REALLY long barrels, that's all that thing is, a large gun barrel :p

Names uber-epic though :D

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 01:45 PM

On topic again.

Or even Angry Birds. XD

As long as it's nor sf3 or 4 then cool beans.

Also why would you want duel arenas? Just adds an extra unnecessary step to playing the game.

Schwarzschild
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Would be fun to use ;) Summoning Red Nova Dragon in the middle of a road, scaring every driver to ****.

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIcUjcAy2Yw&feature=relmfu

This is more important, and is directly related, or at least youtube thinks so. We can BUILD a dmg, don't need to touch her hologram.

That concert was pretty cool though, and a nice song.

I lol'd hard at the video's comments.

Redsmas
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
As long as it's nor sf3 or 4 then cool beans.

Also why would you want duel arenas? Just adds an extra unnecessary step to playing the game.

Childhood dreams. Also its better to watch like that.

Additional Comment:

Whats up with you and monsters with really really and I mean REALLY long barrels, that's all that thing is, a large gun barrel

Who doesn't like a long barrel ;)

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
I guess maybe top 16 or something.

LKVillain
10-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Would be fun to use ;) Summoning Red Nova Dragon in the middle of a road, scaring every driver to ****.

Hahahhaha or summon Five Headed :D

Yanish
10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Hahahhaha or summon Five Headed :D

or summon Red Nova Dragon :<

R i i o n
I think if Holographic Yugioh ever happened, we would possibly have something like two opposite duel mats connected, made in metal with small projectors making a small hologram above the place were the card has been placed. It would be hard, but awesome.

Andwinbur1992
Surely the way to stop people molesting holograms is to make it so that you can't "feel" them. That and WOTC would probably do it first, MTG always gets the good stuff first... :(

LKVillain
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
or summon Red Nova Dragon :<

Well alright :cool:

SirDragonite
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
If I see some lonely wanker go for DMG or Tour Guide (a lot for the latter), I'm stabbing them with a fork.

I hate weeaboos.

But I would enjoy the concept though.

yamatoishikedaortiz
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
But people will then complain because game is more expensive. Because they would have to pay more for a game that should be free.

Geo Stephens
10-31-2011, 02:42 PM
If I see some lonely wanker go for DMG or Tour Guide (a lot for the latter), I'm stabbing them with a fork.

I hate weeaboos.

But I would enjoy the concept though.

i dont know what a weeeeaboobs is
but i'd hit that tour guide

she has skull and cross bones panty hose, thats pretty hot, plus I like her haircut.

I'm also near positive that a catbus in the background, and I'm a big fan of totoro, so like that card just does it all for me.

La+Ghost
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I hate weeaboos.I'm still alive watching Ed Boon burning a picture of Jack Thompson.

Topic: 25 more years.

Kirakishou
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM

she has skull and cross bones panty hose, thats pretty hot, plus I like her haircut.

I'm also near positive that a catbus in the background, and I'm a big fan of totoro, so like that card just does it all for me.

Personally I'd go for Yubel :p

SirDragonite
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM

And now Dragonite will moonwalk out.

I'm still alive watching Ed Boon burning a picture of Jack Thompson.

Topic: 25 more years.

Yep. *Teleports*

EnvyTheClown
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said or pointed out yet, I don't truly feel like reading through all these posts, however, the concert is not a big a marvel as you may think. The reason it looks so good is because the animation itself is crisp and creates a sense of depth, had that been replaced with, let's say, an actual clip from Yugioh, it would not look as good and the illusion would be spoilt.

It is not a true hologram, do you remember those white boards your teachers used for the projectors? It's the same concept, however a step higher. The image of Miku is being project on to a thin glass material.

The vibrant colors and animation of her walking about the stage creates the illusion of depth. There is a reason the video only consists of 1 main camera angle. Likewise, when the camera is close up to her, the glass she is being projected on causes a reflection of sorts, reflecting the crowd in front of her, making it seem like there is a crowd behind her, further creating the illusion of her presence as a full 3D Hologram. Look at the glow sticks and notice they move at the exact speed and pattern as the glow sticks in front of her.

It is a great show, but is in no way a hologram. It is a 2D projection being presented as a pseudo 3D Hologram.

This technique would not work for a duel disk in the way many people would like it to, however, it would be great for a stadium of sorts, one that has the backdrop and lights prepared for a duel. Keep in mind however, you would not see the monsters in front of you, but rather to your side on a screen.

Oh and, just a side note, the best seats for that concert were the ones directly in front of her, Seats too far to either of her side would have the illusion fail, as she would be stretched out or not be visible at all because of their point of view.

TL;DR :: Concert is not a hologram and the technique used in it cannot be used in a duel disk.

Solus
10-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Who doesn't like a long barrel ;)

Haha nice one I really can't argue bout that xD

mezbaha
10-31-2011, 03:19 PM
So much... stupid card artwork hitting jokes in this topic... can't comprehend... must... kill himself... after I'm done with my post

I'm glad EnvyTheClown bothered to explain the illusion thingie. I have no idea, what was his motivation, while doing that though.

Number 5 - KalutX
10-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Touchable Holographic monsters - All loli and female cards banned and burned,

Or online dating sites become obsolete.

RiderLeangle
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
You know... The Zexal version isn't that unlikely to be possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I0hF0cbw8E

I would pay anything for that. :D
I have one of those... U Mad? (http://www.majhost.com/gallery/manaleader/YuGiOh/Mypics/img_0368.jpg)

Mr Hyena
10-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Touchable Holographic monsters - All loli and female cards banned and burned,

And thus the Pedos will cry and move onto a new game.

Which would be cool. Cleans up the game.

DrendDragonspawn
10-31-2011, 04:44 PM

Only if the furries are banned and burned too.

Mr Hyena
10-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Loli is worse.

SirDragonite
10-31-2011, 05:06 PM

Agreed...maybe.

Only if the furries are banned and burned too.

YGO has no sexual furries. Except maybe Nekogal, but that depends.:rolleyes:

siccoro da don
10-31-2011, 05:44 PM
It's funny how the anime wasnt actually bull****ting all along when people got hurt ny the jolograms.

Geo Stephens
10-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Surely the way to stop people molesting holograms is to make it so that you can't "feel" them. That and WOTC would probably do it first, MTG always gets the good stuff first... :(

YGO got playmats first, caught on. Were actually the premier tcg. Their one regional per year per state kinda kills it. Money tourneys or not, we have more events, its more fun, and more turnout, every time.

Loli is The Best. Everyone secretly loves loli.

Fixed that for you.

runegod27
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM

if so i need that haircut ...

and we might need a D-gazer invented also

Jysus, Soul Sage
10-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Chaos Goddess is my *****, screw Dark Magician Girl. You see what I did there.

Additional Comment:

And im 16 so I'm allowed to be perverted, it's like my job or something.

Chaos Corps
10-31-2011, 07:50 PM

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaNoqK5FWG4

+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHXXSxANGo

If there is anybody who still has doubts about carrying a duel disc that will summon holographic monsters, I can understand it, but there is NO doubt that we will have big holographic arenas like in the Duelist Kingdoom era.

Duel Terminals are already a big part of the game already, and with the technology evolving fast, we are surely gonna have dueling arenas before, let's say, 2015.

Well you know that screaming thing when a Blue Eyes White Dragon hits you with Burst Stream of Destruction ? That is changing a lot. :D

Did you see the ******* Hatsune Miku concert?

****, if she can, Black Luster Soldier, Dark Magician Girl and Elemental Hero Neos can too!

Holy hell. If yugioh keeps up with its popularity then I think we'll definitely be seeing a whole new generation of playing

Additional Comment:

Btw, I suggest start investing in dt cards NOW

People should get their priorities straight.

Stupidity at its finest people.